Dani Altes is a paralegal at Youngman Ericsson Scott, LLP, having joined the firm in 2006, bringing with her over 30 years’ experience in estate planning, trust administration and probate.
With such an extensive knowledge and experience arsenal, Dani provides exceptional paralegal support services to the firm’s attorneys and clients, often being able to directly assist clients for faster client service. She enjoys that client interaction and often has immediate recall of the client and their matter over the many years.
Dani works directly with our attorneys to create client estate plans, from the simplest of Wills to the most complicated of trusts; administration of trust estates on the death of one or both spouses, preparation of accountings and federal estate tax returns and court related-proceedings from start to finish. For several years, Dani has also been a member of the firm’s tax team, assisting other team members as needed.
Dani was born and raised in Martinez, graduated from Alhambra High School and obtained her AA in Liberal Arts from Diablo Valley College, and is also a Notary Public. She has been a resident of Brentwood for the past 20 years. Being a native of Contra Costa County, she not only has a professional relationship with our clients, but knows many of them or their children personally, adding a family touch to the firm.
Dani thanks God every day for blessing her with two beautiful children (Maudie and Andy).
• Spoil her kids and her granddaughter, Desi
• Her dog, Jinx, and eight – yes, eight – cats, Skittles, Oreo, Munchies, Booger, Ajax, Aang, MoMo and Dibs
• Watching the hummingbirds flit about the feeder in front of her kitchen window
• Taking her grandpuppy, Willow, for walks on the weekend
• Family night every Thursday where she has dinner with her kids and watches the Originals, Vampire Diaries, Reign and recorded episodes of Nashville and Heart of Dixie with her daughter
• Going to the Brentwood Farmers Market on Saturdays to buy fresh flowers
• Going to Utah every year on the 4th of July just to watch fireworks with her nieces and nephews
• Decorating her home for the holidays, especially Christmas. The Easter Bunny and Santa still bring baskets and stockings filled with goodies to her kids every year (they are now 27 and 25)
• To cook/bake
• The Giants, 49ers and horse racing
• Collecting nutcrackers, ceramic/glass bunnies and pumpkins and anything apple
• Watching American Pickets, Buying Alaska, the Jewelry Channel and the Country Countdown on Sunday mornings
Whose hobby is:
• Pulling weeds. In fact, most weekends you can find me out in the yard with my garden buddy, Oreo, doing just that.